Good Morning Everyone! I hope you all had a great week so far. Fortunately, we are almost done with the year so let’s finish out strong! With New Years around the corner, I know the time of resolutions is almost upon us, so I wanted to take the time and write this for all of you. A common question I get to this day is what fitness supplements I recommend or take daily. So here you have it. What 7 fitness supplements can you take to achieve your goals? Well let me give you some background first.
Before we jump in to the 7 fitness supplements you can take, let me explain a few things…
These supplements are dependent on what your goals are whether it is to gain lean body mass, lose weight or maintain. Furthermore, a large portion of your goals and results will depend on the basics. Contrary to popular belief, you DO NOT need any of these supplements.
I am telling you here and now, 90-95% of the results you want can be achieved through nutrition, sleep, and exercise.
Clearly, without one, is the equivalent to a UFC fighter having one arm or leg tied. Basically, it’s going to be a hard fight. Without two, well you might as well throw in the towel because you are not winning. Trust me when I say, it is all dependent on Calories In VS Calories Out. Fortunately, it does not matter what your goal is, this simple principle of Calories In VS Calories Out will apply to it all. Whether your keto, paleo, low carb, no carb, all carb etc. it does not matter hahaha.
Let me explain further.
For example, let’s say you are trying to gain lean muscle mass. Obviously, you are going to want to increase your caloric intake to sustain muscular growth. Simply put, eat more, but not too much more that you are gaining a higher percentage of fat. For fat loss, your caloric intake would have to be less or your exercise would have to be more. This would create a negative balance thus leading to weight loss. The key to fat loss within this is, is keeping protein intake high, stimulating the lean body mass enough to sustain, and not restricting calorie intake too much that the body burns off more muscle than fat. I will dive into these concepts further at a later time.
Now that this is clarified, lets jump back into what 7 fitness supplements you can take to help your journey.
First, let me start by saying, you ARE NOT required to buy any of these supplements. As stated above you do not need any of these supplements. Now, I am telling you that you do not need to buy these because I will offer alternatives to some. Contrary to popular belief, you can achieve the same results with different alternatives. Next, if you are going to buy any of these supplements please do your due diligence and buy what is necessary and not the well marketed, overpriced BS out there. Trust me, this is over a $1 Billion dollar industry that takes advantage of people’s insecurities and unwillingness to seek out an answer due to inconvenience.
Let’s get started. Here are the 7 fitness supplements you can take.
- Protein Supplement. Click Here for my previous article for in depth information. Simply put, if you feel like you cannot reach your protein needs with food alone then I would suggest a simple protein to help you along the way.
- Creatine. Luckily, this supplement is one of the few TESTED and PROVEN to work. It will help you with recovery, growth, and performance. There are more benefits to creatine, but these are the most well known. It is recommended to take 3 to 5 grams of this supplement daily.
- Multivitamin. Proper nutrient intake can be met with a well-balanced diet, but for those not meeting those standards can supplement with multivitamins. Now, I will say this is the most important when attempting to lose weight.
- Fish Oil aka Omega 3’s. This is for individuals who are not fans of seafood. Omega 3’s has been found to aid heart, eyes, brain, skin, and hair health. As stated before, proper nutrient intake can be met with a well-balanced diet, but for those not meeting those standards can supplement with fish oil.
- Greens Supplement. I put this in for those who stay away from most vegetables besides lettuce and tomatoes on burgers haha. As a matter of fact, fruit and vegetable intake is vital to get a majority of micro-nutrients in. However, for those not meeting a balanced intake can supplement with green supplements.
- Pre-Workout. Unfortunately, pre-workout is not so black and white. This will depend on the individual, but I will tell you what I use. Now, most people when they hear pre-workout automatically think of that powder from hell that makes your heart explode. I will say that on longer more tiring days I have used this to get my butt in the gym, but for other more standard days. Normally, I drink a cup of coffee, green tea, an energy drink such as Monster’s or Rockstar’s, or my personal favorite an ice cold slushie. Unbeknownst to most, ingesting a cold, icy drink, is a sure-fire way to wake your body up.
- Fat Burner. Before, you jump on this one please be wary of the products, its ingredients, and how it will affect your body. Regrettably, we have all heard horror stories of certain ingredients causing adverse health effects. Personally, I do not believe in the use of these products. However, I have used them to cut some water weight for sports or to help with digestion. Normally, this is the supplement I use very last and would attribute about less than 1% gain when using it.
To summarize, I would attribute most people’s successes with the adherence of the Big 3: Sleep, Nutrition, and Exercise.
However, for those who have made up their mind to use supplements or simply want further information, these are the lucky 7 that would help you reach your goals. Luckily, after 10+ years in the field, I can wholeheartedly say these will give you that little extra push your looking for. Caution, be wary of the source and its ingredients. Remember, do your due diligence! As Black Sheep, we do not simply take everything at face value. We must push ourselves past the abs, the sexy models, the shiny or cool designs in this industry to simply seek the truth. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us. Subscribe to our newsletter and tell other Black Sheep if you liked this. If you like what were about and want to rep with your fellow Black Sheep, visit our shop here.